I'm a software engineer living in Munich, Germany. I enjoy playing guitar, lifting weights, and programming computers.
I like to improve people's lives by solving problems. Sometimes that involves technology.
In my career I have built
- petabyte-scale data processing systems for an email analytics product
- software to orchestrate containers and stateful distributed systems, used by Fortune 500 companies
- end-to-end deployment and telemetry systems for self-driving cars
Some of my long-running interests are
- distributed systems
- functional programming
- building sustainable online businesses
- game development
I write most of my software in Clojure and Rust.
As of January 2021 I am:
- Cycling 100km every week, lifting weights 3x a week and eating well to stay healthy
- Building software with Rust at work and on personal projects
- Reading Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder
- Writing essays like the ones you see above
- Building out an idea for a sustainable business
- Improving my German
- Listening to a lot of Tim Hecker, Spiritbox, and Tigran Hamasyan